If My Kit Does Not Work, What Should I Do?
The first thing to do is to check ALL your components for proper placement and orientation. Check all components, including values, with the parts list and silkscreen layout drawing to ensure everything is placed correctly. Even the most experienced assembler can make mistakes placing components.
Next would be to check that all your solder connections are properly made. 95% of all kits that come back for diagnosis and repair have faulty soldering.
Finally, using the instruction manual and schematic that came with your particular kit, use a multimeter to measure all the test (critical) voltage points to ensure all components have the proper voltage. These critical voltage points are shown on the schematic drawing that came with your kit.
If your kit still does not work, please email the technical support group at the email address below. We will do our best to answer any question within 8 hours. Finally, if you feel the kit needs to be sent back to us for diagnosis and repair, please see Factory Repair of Assembled Kits below.
If My Kit has Missing Components, What Should I Do?
We try our best to properly kit and fill all orders. However, we are human and do occasionally make mistakes and accidentally forget to include a component from time to time. If you find that your kit is missing a component, please follow the instructions below. We are now using an automated email system which will properly route your request to the correct party necessary to address your missing part issue. Please note, that if you do not follow the instructions below, we will not receive your support request and will not be able to ship our your missing component. So please follow the instructions carefully!
1. Send an email to the support email address above which the subject line - MISSING COMPONENT REQUEST
2. In the body of the email, please include the following information:
Please allow us 1-2 days to receive and process your order. All replacement components are sent out via 1st class mail or surface mail for international orders.
If you do not receive a response from us within 2 days, then it is likely you have not followed the proper instructions above.
Factory Repair of Assembled Kits
In the event you are having difficulty with your kit and need assistance, we do offer a factory repair service. However, to qualify for an Eastern Voltage Research, LLC factory repair, electronics kit MUST:
- All Factory Repair items MUST be accompanied by an Repair Authorization number. We refuse to repair any item that is sent to us without receiving pre-Authorization first and your items will be shipped back to you at your expense.
- NOT be assembled with acid core solder or flux
- NOT be modified in any manner
- BE returned in full-assembled form. Kits partially assembled will not be accepted and you will lose your repair deposit.
- BE accompanied by the proper repair fee. No repair will be initiated until we have receive the MINIMUM repair fee (1/2 hour labor) of $20.00 and the full return shipping cost.
- INCLUDE a written description of the particular problem and legible return address inside the SAME shipping carton. Please do not include your own hardware such as non-Eastern Voltage Research power supplies, transformers, batteries, cables, etc... Eastern Voltage Research, LLC, reserves the right to refuse repair on ANY item in which we find excessive problems or damage due to construction methods. To assist customers in such situations, Eastern Voltage Research, LLC, reserves the right to solve their needs on a case-by-case basis.
- All factory repair service work orders must first be approved beforehand.
The cost of repair for any kit is $40.00 per hour, regardless of the cost of the kit. Please understand that our technicians are not volunteers and that set-up, testing, diagnosis, repair, and repacking and paperwork can take nearly an hour of paid employee time even on a simple kit. Of course, if we find a component that was defective in manufacturer, there will be no charge to the repair of your kit. (But please realize that our technicians know the difference between a defective component and parts burned out or damaged through improper use or assembly.)
Electronics Kit Return Policy
If you feel, for any reason, that you will have difficulty building any kit-based product purchased from us (and you cannot get assistance from a friend), you can return it for a refund (minus shipping costs) provided a Return Authorization (RA) number is obtained first from us by email. The items must be returned to use (insured against damage in transit) at the customer's expense and received by us in original condition (with all product packaging, documentation, and a copy of the original sales invoice) within 14 days of original invoice date. The RA number must be clearly stated on the shipping carton. Kits may not be returned for any form of refund or credit once the inner component packages have been opened or construction has been started.