Want your son or daughter to place well in that upcoming science fair? This kit is extremely popular with science students worldwide!
The Human Conductivity kit or also know as our Body Light 1.0 kit, is one of our most popular educational kits. This kit demonstrates the body's ability to conduct electricity and to use that conducted electricity to illuminate a high brightness LED or other type of lamp. When a person (or chain of people) places their hands on two (2) externally placed conductive electrodes, electricity will flow from one electrode through that person and into the second electrode closing the circuit, and thus make the LED or lamp to illuminate. This is a really fun circuit, especially for children. Connect chains of up to five people or more to close the circuit!
Click here for the instruction manual (PDF)
- Operating voltage range: 12V to 15V
- Open collector output - 8A (for LEDs, incandescent, or halogen lamps)
- High quality screw terminals allow for professional hook-up
- Mounting holes for board mounting
- Onboard LED to indicate power
- Ultrabright white LED onboard to shown when conductivity is present
- Basic kit - Includes PCB board, components, and schematic
- Basic plus kit - Includes PCB board, components, schematic, and 12V power supply
- Deluxe kit - Includes PCB board, components, schematic, two 1" electrodes, LED socket, high power LED bulb, 12V power supply, and all mounting hardware including rubber feet and stand-offs. (Customer must supply their own wood base.)
- Schematic only
Note: Newer version of this kit has a green PCB board.