The FR1003 is an advanced special effects integrated circuit (IC) designed to control RGB LEDs. The FR1003 provides a wide range of special effects output including multiple brightness levels, colors, flashing modes, strobe effects, pulsing effects, and fade effects. A single pushbutton connected to the IC allows the user to cycle through all the various output modes as wel as turn the IC ON and OFF.
The FR1003 is specifically designed for OEM and amateur applications and is extremely simple to use. The IC requires a nominal 5V Vcc voltage and its three (3) outputs (Red, Blue, Green) connect directly to the gates of three (3) logic-level N-channel MOSFET transistors which can drive both single LEDs as well as multiple LED string arrays. Both single color LEDs as well as RGB LEDs can be utilized.
Quantity OEM pricing is available. Please contact us our sales department for a quote.
- Operates from 4.5 to 5.5VDC
- Compatible with most logic-level N-channel MOSFET transitors
- Designed for driving single LEDs and RGB LEDs (with the proper MOSFET)
- Single pushbutton allows user to cycle through modes
- Internal memory remembers last setting when power is removed
- Available in both a DIP-8 (thru-hole) and SOIC-8 (surface mount) package
- (26) operating modes
- Custom programming is available (contact us for more information)
- Halloween attractions
- Dark rides and attractions
- Lanterns and flashlights
- Museum and stage special effects
- Props and animatronics
- Jack O'Lanterns
Click here for the datasheet (PDF)