Up to 6 Foot Arcs!
Secrets, secrets, secrets. That is typically the name of the game when it comes to cutting edge DRSSTC technology. If you have begun searching the internet and other sources for detailed information on mid-to-high power DRSSTC Tesla Coil designs you no doubt have had no luck in finding anything very useful to help build your own DRSSTC other than a few photographs and brief descriptions.
Luckily, we have solved that problem by releasing a highly detailed reference design package which provides all necessary information to design and build your own high power DRSSTC system. Our engineers have worked over two years design and characterizing a highly reliable, commercial grade DRSSTC system that is capable of producing up to six (6) foot arcs and reproducing music using an appropriate MIDI interrupter. We include both schematics as well as mechanical drawings of the primary and secondary coils to ensure you have everything you need to reproduce this incredible DRSSTC system. We also provide complete parts lists of all components which are readily available from many different suppliers. We at Eastern Voltage Research also source many of these components and offer them directly to you. This makes designing and ordering components and supplies for your DRSSTC as simple as clicking a few buttons on the computer!
As we said before, our engineers have spent hundreds of hours of testing and refining this design to provide one of the most highly efficient DRSSTC designs every created. This design was originally created for commercial and university use, so it is extremely reliable in its design. We have not yet experienced an IGBT failure using this design and we have literally over a 1000 hours of run-time on our original test unit!
This design recommends the use of the Eastern Voltage Research Universal DRSSTC controller. Third party universal DRSSTC drivers may be used, but we cannot guarantee their compatibility.
Reference design package includes:
- Schematics, parts list, and mechanical drawings printed on high quality 11x17 paper.
- Top level DRSSTC schematic
- Power bridge schematic
- IGBT gate drive interface schematic
- Inrush limiting circuit and schematic
- Crowbar and safety bleed circuits and schematic
- Basic interrupter design and schematic
- Primary capacitor design, schematic, and parts list
- Primary and secondary mechanical design and parts lists
- Parts lists with part numbers and distributors
- Current transformer design drawings and parts list
- Gate transformer design and parts list
- DXF files of mechanical components to be used for machining purposes