The Advanced Tesla Coil Controller (ATCC) was designed specifically as a stand-alone controller for permanent installations and displays. This includes museums, amusement attractions, haunted attractions, as well as other exhibits. The ATCC works equally well, however, for portable set-ups and demonstrations. The ATCC is a stand-alone computerized controller that allow one or two musical DRSSTC Tesla coils to be operated in a number of different modes without the use of external computers or laptops. These modes include both manual and fully automatic operation for your exhibit as well as an interactive mode which visitors can use to activate the Tesla coil(s) themselves. In the automatic mode, the Tesla coil operation can be set-up to follow a prepogrammed schedule every day of the week while the interactive mode can allow a visitor to press an externally mounted pushbutton to trigger the Tesla coil.
The ATCC features a built-in MIDI controller which stores MIDI files via an SD card. Each triggering of the Tesla coil(s) will increment the MIDI file playlist. The ATCC can operate in both standard pulse mode or musical playback mode.
The ATCC is designed to work with all DRSSTC Tesla coils. The ATCC shown in the above photos is the standard version which is compatible with our Plasmasonic 1.0 / 1.3 musical Tesla coils and is available in both single and dual output. This standard unit can support power outputs up to 2.3kW (115VAC @ 20A) per output. Higher power versions of the ATCC are also available.
This dual output version is designed to work with two DRSSTC Tesla coils.
For quotes and purchasing, please contact our sales department on our contact page.
Click here for the standard ATCC instruction manual (PDF) - Coming soon
- Stand-alone musical Tesla coil controller
- Standard ATCC is compatible with the Plasmasonic 1.0 / 1.3 systems
- Power Output: 2 x 2.3kW (115VAC, 20A maximum)
- Controller can be upgraded to operate with higher power Tesla coils
- Integrated EMI filter to reduce conducted emissions (optional)
- Pulse mode and MIDI musical playback
- MIDI files stored locally on SD card
- Three modes of operation (auto, manual, interactive)
- Intelligent PLC computer control system
- Advanced Atmega-based microprocessor system for MIDI operation
- Manual Mode - Tesla coil is triggered via onboard pushbutton on the ATCC
- Auto Mode - Tesla coil is triggered via a preset daily schedule (eg. hourly from 8:00am to 5:00pm)
- Interactive Mode - Tesla coil is triggered via an externally located pushbutton or other trigger
- Emergency stop safety system - ESTOP circuit which includes an onboard ESTOP pushbutton will disconnect power to the Tesla coils immediately as well as shutdown and lockout the ATCC controller. Any number of ESTOP pushbuttons can be installed with the ATCC and mounted throughout your exhibit as required.
- Safety interlock system - Interlocks are other types of safety contacts which can be used to further add safety to your exhibit. For example, you may have a cage surrounding your Tesla coil. Interlock switches can be installed on the door to the cage so that when the door opens, the interlock trips. When an interlock switch is interrupted, the ATCC will remove all power from the Tesla coils immediately as well as shutdown and lockout the ATCC controller.
- Key switch - Every ATCC controller also has a key switch which is used to prevent unauthorized access. When the keyswitch is off, power is disconnected to the Tesla coils and the ATCC controller is in lockout mode.