The Pro Tesla MIDI 2.0 controller, or MIDI 2.0 controller for shrot, was designed as a stand-alone universal MIDI interrupter solution for our full range of musical Tesla coils including the Plasmasonic Musical Tesla coil systems as well as all of our DIY musical Tesla coil kits. The MIDI 2.0 controller is also compatible with almost any other DRSSTC type Tesla coil that has an ST fiber optic interrupter input.
The MIDI 2.0 controller is designed to be used as a stand alone handheld MIDI interrupter or can be hard mounted in permanent installations or control panels as a triggered MIDI source. An onboard SD card be store up to 32 MIDI files if needed, although the typical number people use would be between 10 and 20 songs. Each MIDI file can be triggered via the onboard pushbutton or through an external contact switch such as a pushbutton, relay, or PLC output. Each time the MIDI 2.0 controller is triggered, the controller will advance to the next MIDI file automatically until all MIDI files are played. At that time, the controller will start playing the MIDI files from the beginning again.
Click here for the instruction manual (PDF)
Sample SD Card Files
This ZIP file contains a sample listing of reference files for your Pro Tesla MIDI Controller 2.0. The pulsewidth and duty cycle settings in this file are optimized for a Plasmasonic 1.3 Musical Tesla Coil system but can be modified to match your specific Tesla coil design. Unzip the files directly to your SD card.
Click here to download sample SD Card files (ZIP)
The MIDI 2.0 Controller includes the following features:
- Stand-alone musical Tesla Coil controller - no laptop required
- Compatible with almost all DRSSTC Tesla coils that have an ST fiber optic interrupter input
- Operates from 5VDC to 12VDC
- Onboard trigger pushbutton
- (3) status LEDs
- External trigger (contact switch such as pushbutton, relay, or PLC output)
- SD card for storing MIDi files and configuring user settings
- Constant duty cycle technology - provides warm and broad sound
- ST fiber optic output
- Maximum duty cycle and pulsewidth set via configuration files on SD card
- Flanged enclosure for easy mounting