As one of our most popular kits, the Class-E Plasma Speaker or Class-E Audio Modulated Tesla Coil was specifically designed to reproduce high quality audio through high voltage plasma modulation. In otherwords, the high voltage arcs from this Tesla coil are modulated so that they create audio sound waves and in essence, the Tesla coil becomes a plasma speaker. This plasma speaker operates at 4MhHz using a state-of-the-art Class-E switching topology that creates a virtually silent output arc that permits high quality audio reproduction. This plasma speaker is one of our best demonstration pieces and its always fun to watch both children and adults' jaws drop when they realize there are no speakers - that all the sound is eminating from the high voltage arc. For even more fun and better low frequency response, use two together as a stereo pair.
This is the most powerful plasma speaker available anywhere today!
A wireless demonstration kit is also available for use with this plasma speaker. Demonstrate the principles of wireless energy transfer using our Class-E Wireless Energy demonstation kit.
Purchase our professional mounting base for this kit here.
Click here for the instruction manual (PDF)
- Produces up to 2" output arcs
- Frequency response: 100hz to 40kHz
- Audio input: RCA line-level connector
- Strong electric field lights up fluorescent and neon lights with ease
- Onboard controls allow user to adjust output power, modulation depth, and audio input levels
- 10-step LED VU meter and status LEDs add extra dazzle!
- Excellent Tesla coil for a school science project, demonstration, or science fair
IMPORTANT: Power cords must be purchased separately with this kit. Please order two by clicking here.
- Complete Kit - Includes all components including heatsink, power transformer, and resonator
- Complete Kit with Wiress Energy Demo Kit
- International Kit - Includes everything except for the power transformer which international customer must supply
- Board Kit - Includes only the PCB board, components, and heatsink (no power transformer or resonator)
- Schematic only