This fiber optic transmitter kit allows the user to use two independent electrical output based sources, interrupters, or modulators, and combine it into a single fiber optic output. The combiner features two BNC inputs and both a Broadcom HFBR1412T ST type fiber optic output and an Industrial Fiberoptics IF-E96E bare fiber output connector. Both fiber optic outputs are active at all times, and output polarity, both non-inverting and inverting, can be selected via an onboard jumper. Two status LEDs show the user that the device is both powered and active signals are being converted. Both electrical inputs have custom programmable voltage divider networks which allow the end user to scale the inputs to any voltage desired.
The combiner board essentially ORs the two inputs together and outputs the signal via a single fiber optic connector.
These converters are available as both a kit (unassembled) and fully assembled.
- Input: Two (2) BNC, female
- Input voltage range: 5V-15V typically (onboard voltage dividers to provide scaling for non-TTL level inputs)
- Output: HFBR1412T or IF-E96E fiber optics
- Polarity: Positive or negative selected via an onboard jumper
- Input power: 7-12VDC
- Onboard 5V regulator
- Power status LED
- Active port status LED
- Includes 9V battery connector
- EMI Testing - Where electrical isolation is required between DUT and external monitoring and control equipment
- Environmental testing
- High voltage isolation of non-grounded floating equipment
- High power modulator and RF tube control systems
- Solid state DRSSTC Tesla coils