The microBrute DRSSTC Tesla Coil kit is a scaled down version of our popular miniBrute DRSSTC system and was specifically designed as an entry level DRSSTC system. This Tesla coil can easily produce output arcs in exceess of 15" (38cm) and with additional fine tuning, can reach arc lengths approaching 20". The beauty of the microBrute DRSSTC system is that all components have been integrated onto a single PCB board. This includes the self-resonant driver, 340VDC bus power supply, IGBT half-bridge, and primary capacitor. The system does not require an external variac either. Power output of the system can be controlled directly through the microBrute handheld controller. The handheld controller also allows the user to vary pulsewidth and pulse repetition frequency providing a wide array of effects.
Please note this kit is designed for 115VAC, 50/60Hz operation. If you live outside the US and your electric is based on 230VAC, 50/60Hz, then you will need to provide your own 230VAC to 115VAC step-down transformer for proper operation.
Click here for the microBrute DRSSTC instruction manual (PDF)
Click here for the microbrute Modulator instruction manual (PDF)
- Produces output arcs in excess of 15 inches (20+ inches is possible with fine tuning)
- Operates from 115VAC, 50/60Hz
- Single integrated board contains all circuitry - no need to mountain everything separately
- microBrute handheld controller has independent power, pulsewidth, and frequency controls
- Perfect for classroom and science fair demonstrations
- microBrute Board Kit - Includes only the integrated circuit board, board mounted components, and heatsink
- microBrute Complete Kit - Includes integrated circuit board, components, resonator, power transformer, and microBrute modulator kit.
- microBrute Handheld Controller - Includes only the handheld controller
Please note customer is required to provide their own cooling fan.