Power distribution assembly for the Reference Design 1.0 DRSSTC Tesla coil. This board accepts 120VAC 50/60Hz input and distributes it to the various loads in the Reference Design 1.0 system including the main bridge, cooling fans, and DRSSTC controller. There are also passive inrush current limiting and a safety crowbar circuit to quickly discharge the DC bus capacitors in the bridge once power is removed. Fuse protection is also provided for all three output voltages.
A 24VDC external power supply can also be used instead of the onboard 20VAC transformer. This is generally done for international set-ups or other applications where the input AC voltage is not well regulated or outside the nominal 115/120VAC range. It is also done when the input AC is boosted for higher bridge voltages.
- 0.124" thick heavy duty PCB board
- Accepts 115/120VAC 50/60Hz input through high current screw terminals
- Earth ground stud terminal with brass hardware
- Bridge output: 120VAC @ 20A (fused) with passive inrush limiting
- Cooling fan output: 120VAC @ 2A (fused)
- Controller Output: 20VAC @ 300mA (fused)
- Safety crowbar relay with 1k bleed resistor
- Transformer 20VAC output for DRSSTC controller
- with Transformer - Utilize 20VAC output from transformer for controller
- No Transformer - Use an external 24VDC power supply for controller
All board mounted components are included.