Looking for those coveted "sword-like" sparks from your vacuum tube Tesla Coil? Well, you'll need to have a stacatto controller to get them. Our VTTC stacatto controller is a fully programmable add-on board for most VTTCs which allow you to synchronize and pulse your VTTC to the 50/60Hz input AC power line. This in turn allows you to maximize the output arc length of your VTTC and also achieve those beautiful "sword-like" sparks everyone is talking about. This advanced VTTC stacatto controller allows the user to vary the pulsewidth, burst length, and pulse repetition frequency (PRF) of the VTTC using either the included onboard potentiometers or external mounted potentiometers (supplied by customer), and provides nearly an infinite variety of spark effects.
Recommended TRIAC is an STMicroelectronics T1610H, 16A, 600V
Note: A 50/60Hz transformer is required to power this board as it uses the 50/60Hz AC zero crossing to synchronizing the controller to the power line for proper operation.
Click here for the instruction manual (PDF)
Click here for the T1610H TRIAC datasheet (PDF)
- AC input line synchronization -Maximizes "sword-like" arc growth
- User selectable AC synchronization polarity
- Onboard pulsewidth (PW), pulse repetition frequency (PRF), and burst number controls
- External terminal blocks allow externally mounted potentiometers
- User bypass switch (enable or disable stacatto control) via onboard toggle switch
- Standard output - 12V @ 200mA (compatible with most SCRs, TRIACs, etc...)
- High current output - 12V @ 600mA (customizable by user)
- VTTC Stacatto Controller Board Kit - PCB and components only (no power transformer)
- VTTC Stacatto Controller - Complete Kit - PCB, components, and power transformer
- VTTC Stacatto Controller - Complete plus TRIAC (same as above but with T1610H TRIAC)
- VTTC Stacatto Controller - Schematic only