The Flicker 3.0 is our new and improved LED controller over the previous Flicker 2.0 generations which includes more realistic and advanced modulation algorithms and a new random generator for more realistic pattern generation. The Flicker 3.0 is an advanced special effects pattern generator and dimmer designed specifically for LEDs and low voltage incadescent and halogen bulbs. A single pushbutton allows the user to cycle through a wide array of output light patterns including ember, candle, and flame flicker modes, flashing and strobe effects, simulated neon and electrical fixture flicker, and a lightning simulation mode. Steady state brightness modes are also available. Internal memory allows the device to resume the previously selected output in the event power is loss to the device.
There is also an onboard LED that displays the currently selected mode and its pattern generation.
With the new patent pending true randomized pattern generator, the Flicker 3.0 is set to be the most advanced special effects pattern generator available - and at a price that beats all competitors! Available as a single channel unit, it features a maximum output current (see note below) of 5A per channel. The Flicker 3.0 is compatible with both LEDs and low voltage halogen and incandescent bulbs.
Note: 5A capability is dependent on proper thermal management and environmental temperature.
Optional 12V, 1A power supply is $9.99
- Generates lighting effects for LEDs, low voltage halogen, and incandescent bulbs.
- Single channel output
- Onboard pushbutton allows an easy and quick way to change output patterns
- Onboard LED displays the presently selected operational mode (NEW)
- Internal memory saves previous mode setting
- True random algorithms provide the most realistic and non-repeating pattern generation possible
- Operating voltage: 7VDC to 16VDC
- Max. load current: 3A
- Reverse voltage protection
- Mounting holes for easy installation
- Removable terminal blocks
- Total of 20 operational modes
- Four steady-state and dimming modes
- Burning ember mode
- Four candle / fire modes
- Electrical flicker and two electrical surge modes
- Three strobe modes (slow, med, fast)
- Four pulsing modes (fast, med, slow, nightmare)
- Halloween attractions
- Dark rides and attractions
- Lanterns and flashlights
- Museum and stage special effects
- Weddings and other events
- Props and animatronics
- Illuminated signs
Click here for the datasheet and instruction manual (PDF)