The Professional Handheld MIDI Controller (interrupter) can be used to control any sized DRSSTC Tesla coil. No where else will you find a completely built and tested MIDI interrupter which is ready to go right out of the box. Housed in an EMI shielded enclosure with a flashy blue outer boot, you will not find a finer looking controller anywhere! Text is professionally silkscreened on the control surface of the device providing that extra professional look many are looking for.
The Professional Handheld MIDI Controller is an advanced microprocessor controlled interrupter which can be used for both solid state Tesla coils (SSTCs) and Double Resonant Solid State Tesla Coils (DRSSTCs). It features two primary modes of operation. The first mode is a standard interrupter pulse mode which a user can vary the operation of a SSTC or DRSSTC through user adjustable pulsewidths and frequencies. This is the standard operational mode of all DRSSTCs. The second mode of operation is a MIDI musical playback mode. The MIDI musical playback mode allows one to directly connect any MIDI type instrument, whether it be a keyboard, guitar, or laptop computer, directly to the into the MIDI input of the controller and then modulate the DRSSTC Tesla Coil to play that music through the modulation of the high voltage arcs. The controller is capable of full polyphonic playback through the Tesla coil which means up to 3 notes can be played simultaneously through the Tesla coil's arcs.
The controller is also fully adjustable and configurable by the end user. Internal potentiometers and dip switches are used to configure a wide variety of parameters including maximum pulsewidth, MIDI note range, MIDI output channels, MIDI pulsewidth ranges, pulse mode pulsewidth mapping, and MIDI specific threshold. Two onboard LED indicators continuously provided the user with operational feedback to the status of the controller
- Onboard MIDI input connector (5-pin DIN)
- Optically isolated input
- Maximum pulsewidth protection through independent discrete circuitry
- HFBR1412T ST connector output connection
- Optional IF-E96E fiber optic (not included)
- Pulsewidth mode - User adjustable pulsewidth and frequency
- Pulse mode PW range - 0-10000us
- Pulse mode frequency range - 50-150Hz
- Monophonic and polyphonic playback
- Multiple MIDI channels available (channels 1-8)
- Pulse mode frequency mapping - constant / linear
- MIDI mode frequency mapping - constant / linear
- Operates from 9V battery (not included)