Looking for a novel puzzle for use in your escape room? Look no further. This specially designed controller allows one or more people to create a human chain across two conductive surfaces or electrodes to "connect" a circuit and activate three output channels which can be used to create an near infinite number of unique puzzles or challenges limited only by your imagination. Whether you are illuminating invisible ink with a UV light or unlocking an electromagnetic door or safe, the possibilities are endless!
Eastern Voltage Research was the first in the escape room industry to offer this type of human conductivity switch and as the original creator, we continually strive to improve our the functionality, quality, and reliability of our human chain controllers. Our new line of human chain controllers feature improved detection and pre-amplifier circuits and also provide both dual channel 10A relay outputs as well as a 3A solid state output channel to control almost any type of output device. We have tested this human chain controller with up to eight (8) people.
Our controllers can be used with both 12VDC and 115VAC output devices. The following is a partial list of output devices that can be used with our human chain controllers:
- Lights (LEDs, incandescent, halogen)
- Flicker LED controllers such as our Flicker 3.0
- UV Lights (perfect for revealing invisible ink clues and messages)
- Electromagnetic door locks
- Pneumatic switches and solenoids
- PLCs, external microcontroller circuits / devices
- External audio playback devices
Click here for the instruction manual (PDF)
Click here for the human chain application manual (PDF)
- Operating voltage range: 12V nominal
- Intelligent microcontroller controlled
- Output 1 - Relay, SPDT (NO and NC) - Rated at 10A @ 277VAC (see safety note)
- Output 2 - Relay, SPDT (NO and NC) - Rated at 10A @ 277VAC (see safety note)
- Output 3 - Solid state - Rated at 3A @ 100V
- Three (3) LED status lights
- High quality removal terminal blocks
- Mounting holes for board mounting
- Human Chain Controller 2.0 only
- Human Chain Controller 2.0 with 12VDC, 1A power adapter
Note: An AC isolation transformer must be used for safety if using 115/230VAC power devices on the relay outputs.