Detect approaching storms and distant lightning with our newest Lightning Detector 2.0 kit. This is a fantastic kit for anyone who enjoys building electronics kits and tracking the weather. The Lightning Detector 2.0 is perfect for both amateurs and students!
This is lightning detector utilizes a sensitive narrowband lightning detector circuit which can detect lightning strikes of any nearby lighting storm. When a lightning strike is detected, four (4) ultra-bright detection LEDs are briefly illuminated. A lightning detect output is also provided to interface with other circuits such as external microcontrollers, relay circuits, buzzers, LEDs, etc...
Please note that this kit is only for hobby use. it should not be used for safety, personal or equipment protection, or scientific use.
Click here for the instruction manual (PDF)
- Detects lightning strikes up to several miles away
- Four (4) ultra-bright red LEDs to indicate lightning detection
- Blue LED detection enabled LED
- ON / OFF switch
- Telescoping antenna adjustable from 6-24"
- External output for interfacing with other equipment / LEDs, etc...
- For educational and hobby use only - Not to be used for safety or personal protection
- Input voltage range: 7.5-12VDC
- Lightning Detector 2.0 - Standard kit
- Lightning Detector 2.0 - Standard kit with 9V battery adapter (battery not included)
- Lightning Detector 2.0 - Standard kit with 12V AC power adapter
NOTE: The standard kit requires a 9V battery adapter or 7.5V to 12V power adapter (not included)