High performance PCB carrier which holds (8) 940C or 942C Cornell-Dubilier pulsed capacitors. The PCB board features very rigid 0.124" thick FR-4 board with an equivalent 8 oz. copper for high current capability. Compare this to 0.062" and 1 oz. copper of your typical PCB board! At either end of the PCB board are two plated copper stud terminals that accept a #10 lug terminal for easy connection to the rest of the primary circuit.
With (8) 940C20P47K-F 0.47uF, 2kV capacitors, an equivalent capacitance of 0.235uF, 8kV can be made which is perfect for mid-power DRSSTC Tesla coils producing over 6 feet of arc. However, other values can be used if other equivalent capacitance values are needed.
PCB boards can also be added in parallel or series to increase the overall size of your primary capacitor.
- Holds (8) 940C or 942C capacitors
- 0.124" thick printed wiring board with 8 oz. equivalent copper
- (8) cooling airflow holes in the PCB for thermal management
- Includes (2) high current #10 stud terminals and brass nuts / washers
- Primary Capacitor PCB with stud terminals and brass hardware
Note: Capacitors are not included with PCB.